Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ALC215 Globalization and the Media WEEK5 blog



Making cultureYou cannot define culture as a simple and changeless word. Culture include the objects, ideas and meaning and so on. Culture has a history and it can related to traditions. But each generations is sensible to create their own conceptualization of culture(Jenks, 1993, Introduction no page number). Culture can change all the times due to the high-speed development of technology and society.

I came to Australia about two years ago. Australia is a mix culture country, you could meet people from diverse cultures. Moreover, there are numerous restaurants, shops from all cultures in Australia. I have been through the strong culture shock which changed the language I speak, the food I eat, the film I watch and so on. How do people make their own culture? I reckon it must based on personal favor and supplementary by some external factor such as family, technologies and the place where people living or lived. 
                                      
Technology has plays an crucial roles in making culture as well. Since the Internet became worldwide, people could easily know the current affairs in other countries or enjoy the film and music in other countries. For me and my family, we enjoyed the Hollywood movies more than my own country’s movies. I used to enjoy the American movies and drama every week on the Internet or on television with my mother. Friends used to be my favorite TV series.

I also enjoy the western relaxed and easy going lifestyle.



Word count: 239
References
Jenks, C 1993, Culture, Routledge, retrieved Aug 11, 2012,
http://site.ebrary.com.ezproxy-f.deakin.edu.au/lib/deakin/docDetail.action?docID=10017708
Images 1: retrieved Aug 11, 2012
http://www.stephencolman.com.au/blog/
Images 2: retrieved Aug 11, 2012
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/05/friends-oral-history-top-of-the-rock
Images 3: retrieved Aug 11, 2012
http://rentoid.wordpress.com/category/melbourne/



No comments:

Post a Comment